We are currently looking for a Project Manager in our Landscape Construction Department. Pacific Landscape Management, Inc. is a locally owned provider of high-quality landscape design, installation, maintenance and irrigation services to a wide range of HOA’s, residential, and commercial properties. Started in 1994, we have grown to become a regional leader in the Pacific Northwest by building a team of great people who deliver the utmost in trust, competence, and customer service.
- Essential Functions:
- – Recruiting, hiring, and crew management.
- – Complete project management including, but not limited to: Paperwork Submittals, managing subcontractors, paperwork submittals to PLM office, planting, irrigation, hardscape installation, lawn installation, rock work, and park & site amenity installation.
- – To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote positive project morale.
- – To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Construction Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- – To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details, and to bring these to the attention of the Construction manager who will review them with the Architect or owner.
- – To oversee field operations of multiple crews and assist in all ways necessary to ensure high quality workmanship and final product.
- – To assist the construction manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the construction to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- – To plan and review the project with the construction manager; including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- – To verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as a condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract, and a Safety Program.
- – To maintain adherence to TESC Plans
- – To lead weekly coordination and safety meetings with crews and issue typewritten minutes and attendance notes to the construction manager.
- – To participate, as required, in the timely preparation of monthly requisitions to the Project Executive and to see that they are promptly reviewed and approved by the Architect’s field representative.
- – To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- – To maintain good relations and communications with all invoiced in the project including the public.
– Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a Leadership/Management position within the Irrigation/Landscape Construction Industry as a Project Manager or Superintendent responsible for multiple crews.
Must have solid understanding of irrigation components and ability to field design as needed.
– Two or four-year Degree or Certification in horticulture or landscape design, construction/management landscape architecture, sales or related field. Multiple years of experience in the field or related position will be considered in lieu of degree or certification.
– Proficient skill level in computer software including but not limited to: Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe.
– Common PNW Plant Identification, Disease and Pest Identification, water requirements and pruning techniques for PNW plants required.
– Skilled self-starter with the ability to work, both independently and as a team, on multiple tasks while regularly reprioritizing to maximize efficiency.
– Experience in leading and supervising a crew of 6-20 members and to delegate tasks on site preferred.
– Must be able to prioritize work on site and work with subcontractors toward a common goal.
– Currently hold and maintain a valid WA state driver’s license and current insurance as well as ability to pass a background check.
– Current First Aid/CPR card or ability to get one in 2 months after hire.
– Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; bilingual Spanish-English a plus.
– Ability to work with all levels of the organization as well as customers and vendors while fostering positive relationships Prior experience in detail-oriented work.
We offer a fun place to work with many career opportunities for motivated, hard-working individuals. In addition, we offer:
– Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
– 401k available in 2021
– Paid Holidays for Foreman
– Paid Time Off for all Employees
– Opportunities for year-round employment for qualified candidates in key roles
We would love to meet you. Please call us to learn more about becoming PLM Team Member! We look forward to hearing from you! Please contact Brian at 206-423-7532. Apply directly here.