WALP Helps You Succeed in Business
Start Taking Advantage of the Benefits of Membership!
Network to Increase Your Net Worth
Every contact you make is a potential asset to you and your business. Some of WALP’s local events and activities include:
- Annual Conference and Tradeshow
- WALP Online Membership Directory & Enclosed Supplier List
- MemberConnect mentor program
These activities allow members to make valuable career connections and be presented with outstanding opportunities to network with other Landscape Industry contemporaries from throughout Washington State. Whether you’re looking for peer support or product information, WALP is here to help.
Increase Your Market Value with High-Impact, Exceptional Training
No matter how busy you are, you and your staff need to take time out to invest in your professional advantage. As Industry members, we need to be trained, knowledgeable, and competent.
- WALP’s educational seminars and Landscape Industry Certified Programs provide the necessary education and training.
- The ecoPRO Sustainable Landscape Professional Certification Program is the first program to provide sustainable land care education and certification to landscape professionals across Washington State.
Certification also enables you to upgrade the status and professionalism of your business through these incredible programs. Take advantage of them!
Your WALP Membership Saves You Money
As a WALP member, you receive access to and are able to enjoy discounts on a variety of services. By joining with other WALP members, you can help your bottom line!
- Member X-Change platform through which members can buy, sell or trade with other members
- Supervised Fuels Co-Op
- Workman’s comp provided through the Washington Farm Bureau’s Retro/Safety Program
- MBA Retro Program – Safety Incentives
- Transworld Systems collection services
- NALP publications
- Durkee & Hennessey legal consultation
- PROforma competitive commercial printing and promotional products
Keep in Touch with Industry Opportunities, Trends, & Developments
- Northwest Landscape Professional Magazine, is the official publication of the Washington Association of Landscape Professionals, is released the magazine bi-monthly to member and is available in both print & electronic forms.
- WALP releases weekly news with its online newsletter, “WALP Wednesday.”
Build Consumer Awareness of and Confidence in Your Business
Belonging to a professional trade association provides greater consumer confidence.
- Environmental Landscape Award Program showcases the talent and skill of WALP members and is a wonderful tool for marketing and public relations
- Reinforce the buying decision by displaying the WALP membership decal in your window, the membership certificate on your wall, and using the WALP logo on your business cards and advertising materials
WALP plays an instrumental role in shaping public policy and representing the Landscape Industry’s interests. WALP monitors issues crucial to the well-being of the Industry. Adverse legislation and regulation has been modified and/or prevented as a result of WALP’s work.